Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ben Kenny

Let's talk about Ben Kenny...  As you know I'm a huge Incubus fan.  I've been in a few garage bands and have always been influenced by Dirk Lance.  I had a chance to meet him in Chicago in the late 90's and he was really cool. So when Incubus said they were replacing him with Ben I didn't know how to react. After seeing him so many times live and getting to know how he did every song I found myself critiquing the way Ben did them, especially the Science stuff.  I grew to love his style, as different as it is from Dirks.  The Chicago show at Northerly Island, one of many I would see there, confirmed this.

This isn't live footage, but it shows Ben doing one of his songs from his solo album Brady Bunch style.  He plays all the parts.  Check it out and tell me what you think.

15 comments:

  1. Incubus is an amazing band. Keep the good songs coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice song. Following for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the guy is kind of silly, but I really enjoyed the song, he is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very talented, thanks for introducing me to this ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben Kenny made Incubus what they are today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still can't remember the song... did like this one too though

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty cool never actually seen him play it before

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! The video reminds me of that japanese guy with the horse head. Nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend loves Incubus, I'll have to show him this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Double-neck guitars are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sick cover, incubus is sick. Awsome blog, followed.

    ReplyDelete